Minister of Health and Wellness, Honourable Dr Alfred Madigele launched the Botswana AIDS Impact and Tuberculosis Prevalence Survey on 02 April 2019, Gaborone, Botswana.
- To examine the distribution of HIV in Botswana
- To assess the coverage and impact of HIV services at population level and measure HIV related risk behaviours
- To determine point prevalence of bacteriological confirmed pulmonary TB in Botswana
- To assess health seeking behaviour for TB related symptoms of individuals aged 15 years and above
- The 5th Botswana AIDS Impact Survey (BAIS V) merged with the Tuberculosis Prevalence Survey (2018).
- This is the first time the two surveys are merged in Botswana and globally.
- The survey is led by National AIDS and Health Promotion Agency (NAHPA) or NACA with key partners; Statistics Botswana, Global Fund, US Government, WHO, UN Family etc.